Re: [Epic] Project 'Narf'

From: Brian Thomas <bthom37_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 21:15:24 -0400

At 01:34 PM 5/25/98 -0700, you wrote:

>> While waiting for a Total Annihilation patch to download, I thought I'd work
>> up some *very* preliminary stats for the MAATACs (as always,
>> www.stellargames.com):
>>
>> TT06 Cyclops (Main Battle Tank)
>> MV Range FP Assault Armour Special PV
>> 30 45 1 AT 2 6+ 34pts
>
>Should be about 29pts
Yeah, you're right about this one...I just wanted to avoid the Land Raider
syndrome. Perhaps I wanted to avoid it a bit too much. ;)

>> TT05 Lightning (APC)
>> 30cm 0 0 0 5+ Transport 2 9pts
>>
>Identical to a rhino, should be 7pts
>
>> TT03 Monarch (Scout Vehicle)
>> 35cm 30cm 1 1 4+ Scout* 17pts
>>
>Looks like a bike, Too expensive again...
Well, these fit in in other ways. (Which you couldn't know, because I
didn't post them) I'm planning on having a Devestation, minus the turrets,
as a Aircraft Carrier (with the Starfighter minis they make). The
Starfighters would be guided to targets out-of-LOS by the Monarchs. The
stats would be something like...

TT01 Devestation/'Behemoth' variant (War Engine)
15cm 30cm 1FP 3 4dmg Carries 5 Starfighters:

Flyer 15cm 1FP 1/1 3+ ?Barrage?

Total Points: Hmm, 125? Not really sure how this one would work out (this
race will have air-superiority fighters, these would be for ground attack.
I don't know if the SFs should be given barrage.)

>> TT01 Devestation (War Engine)
>> 15cm 60cm Deathray 5 6 4 Dmg 130pts
>> 45cm 2FP
>
>One higher assault than a superheavy, 20 points too much...

A SHV is 110pts. I figure plus 1 assault, and 45cm for the secondary
weapons is worth at least 15...right? Maybe not... Check that...just
reviewed the SHVs. Revised Stats as follows:
MV Range FP Assault Armour Dmg Special Cost
15cm 60cm 2*Deathray 5 6 4 (Forward turret, Fire Arc Front)
        45cm 4FP (Second turret, Fire Arc all-round)

Now, maybe 120pts? The only SHVs with 2*Deathrays. Actually, only vehicles
with 2*Deathray. I said they were preliminary ;)