Re: [Epic] Project 'Narf'

From: Brian Thomas <bthom37_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 22:30:02 -0400

At 10:05 PM 5/24/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Sauron1 writes; Haste makes waste!
>
> Even on "sabbatical" I race through my personal e-mail,errors such as
>this is why I took a sabbatical in the first place.
>
> With the change to 40k the generic Imperial guard figures became the
>"Russians" in fur coats and the "Rambo's". Shoulder carried Heavy
>weapons became small hand towed guns AK the WWII Russian HMG, Mortar and
>AT teams.I personally never bought a new pack as I have plenty of the
>old ones.
>
> Did you check out the APC's? I need a replacement for the Chimeras as I
>have none, would hate to but five companies worth at GW prices.
>
> sauron1

I actually ordered 4 boxes (4 minis each) of the Lightning APCs (I'm using
them the same as Rhinos for Project 'Narf'). I also ordered 1 box of the
WT62 Snapper, from the Aquarians. These might make interesting Chimeras, as
they have rotating turrets (but are also covered in bubbles...). The
Carnivoran CT82 and CT85 might also work, but could be a little big (I
ordered a box of the CT85s also.) And maybe the ET22 from the Entomalians,
with a little modeling to give it tracks. However, I didn't get any of
these. How do the "Russians" and "Rambos" compare to the E40K? Or have you
not seen any of the E40K versions?

                                                Brian