Re: [Epic] Is GW going bust ????? - Thane read this.

From: Dave Gentzler <videodave_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 23:42:56 -0400

>I do not wish to keep this thread going any longer so I will just say the
following.

Tough. You opened it up, you're stuck with it. It pertains to the list as a
whole (regarding what is and is not acceptable material).

>We have a good list here. The level of intelligent conversation is
generally quite high. >I do not wish to se the list go downhill. I find the
constant arguments about GW to be >utterly pointless. You are right, I don't
have to read them if I don't wish to but that >doesn't stop them being
annoying.

So ignore them and stop harping about it.

>I'll tell you what, since we are both free to post what we wish how about
this .... for >every post talking about how GW is losing money or how epic
is being discontinued >I will post a message saying that I am the love child
of Jervis Johnson and Andy >Chambers. No?

Except that your post would be off-topic and thus inappropriate for the
list. You'd be the guy you're whining about.

>As per usual the argument about the pointless posts looks like taking up
more >space than the original problem so I will sign of now with a request
for everyone to >think a little before posting.

Always do.

>Oh yeah, a few more things ...
>
>Take everything I saw with a pinch of salt. I am not serious very often.

Which is simply a cop out way of saying what you're really feeling and
knowing you're coming off poorly.

>and ...
>
>Don't take things so seriously ... (stepping into a flame proof suit) ... I
was waiting for >you to start talking about your constitutional rights to
talk absolute shit at the top of >your lungs. Thane wouldn't have been
bothered by me hanging shit on him so why >are you ??? (gee, I am sure we
have had this argument before, Thane ????).

Because I don't like folks who take a "superior" position. Your complaints
implied that somehow you know what's best for the list (they still do). Let
the list members decide what's worth reading. As long as it's on-topic. it's
posting material whether it meets with any one person's standards of
approval or not.

>And to keep things on topic :)
>
>I thought test casts would have been done in the U.K..

What I said stands. Production of metal is done on both sides of the pond
pretty much simultaneously. If you'll recall, several US folks have already
purchased test casts of the epic Chaos vehicles.

>Continuations through private E-mail.

No. Here is just fine. Responsible imput by any parties welcomed.

Dave