Re: [Epic] Genestealer Cults in E41K

From: Tom Sullivan <starkfist_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 11:09:00 PDT

>Even though it was in RT (which some consider the only true way), I
>still think that their is no reason the GS would/could worship Chaos.

     I'm a little weak on my Tyranid fluff (hmmmm...fluffy
Tyrnaids...War against the Chtorr, anyone?), but I think that I can see
a way to justify this. Imagine being a kid on some little backwater
world, the kind of place that makes Tatooine look sophisticated. Now,
here you are growing up with three arms, BIG teeth, and a thirst for
human blood. Being an ignorant, uneducated sort of hick, you leap to
the only conclusion that your limited experience allows you: "My Gawd!
I must have been infected by that Kay-os stuff! Cool! I bet you
Cindy-Lou will go out with me now!" Not fully understanding what is
happening, more and more Genestealer infected people turn to Chaos
Worship as an answer. And the Blood God, being a Blood God, is not
going to say "no" to anyone as good at mayhem as a bunch of
Genestealers. Thus, the cults turn to Chaos out of ignorance, rather
than from a desire for more power. And of course, the Patriarch is not
going to object to anything that helps to spred chaos and fear among the
populace. Indeed, the Chaos Cults may well provide a distraction from
what's REALLY going on.... Of course, when the Hive Fleet shows up, all
bets are off.

    And, you know, I can see a GS Cult hiring themselves out as
mercenaries...spreading the infection from world to world, helping to
increase the discontent and confusion within the Empire.... Hey, it's a
thought.

Tom Sullivan
"Ain't Chaos grand?"