Re: [Epic] What is acceptable.

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 15:32:03 -0400

Chris Pinson wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> In an effort to resolve the current argument between Dave and myself I would like to suggest the following....
>
> Do we, in general, need to determine a code of standards regarding use of this list ???
>
> Some people (such as Richard Bright) have disappeared due to this, others clearly don't mind.
>
> Everyone knows my opinion on the topic as well as those of Thane and Dave.

where I learnt most of the etiquette I now know. I think they didn't have many troubles because they're all
canadian (hehe)

No seriously, it was a mixed group and we did have a problem when me and some other guy got into an arguement
about Ogre tanks vs. Heavy Gears. It was silly really, I'd never played Ogre and he'd played both Ogre and Heavy
Gear, so I was way out of line, but he wouldn't stop going on about how a Heavy Gear couldn't touch and Ogre,
basically he was a powergamer.

Anyway, enough reminiscing. One of the things that the list implemented was a wizard system. Remember a while back
someone asked a rule question and everyone answered. The poor guy had made a mistake and everyone basically said
"no, you're wrong" I felt bad for the guy.

Anyway, the way the wizard system works is that someone who knows the rules will answer all rules questions. They
rotated wizards so everyone that wanted to would have a week of being Grand Hoopah. Of course, if the wizard was
wrong everyone was free to jump in, it just saved a lot of.

Tyler Provick wrote:

I can't find my book and I'm lazy, how many units can a Rhino carry?

Thane wrote:

2

Agro wrote:

2

Sauron Moridor wrote:

2

Tyler Provick wrote:

2

And so on and so forth. Non rule questions, like

Tyler Provick wrote:

Do you think Rhinos are over-priced? Perhaps I should give them D6 deathray shots a turn to make up for their high
price?

can still be answered by everyone, but easy rule questions can be ignored and those of us who archive this list
(Like me) can save space.

Whaddya think?

Tyler