Re: [Epic] Scenarios and Campaigns

From: Aaron Day <akkala_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 16:49:53 -0500

Tyler Provick wrote:

> Recently I worked on a set of campaign rules that was steadfastly
> ignored by the list. Anyway, I'd planned to play some really cool games
> with them, but realized it might be a very long time until I'd get some
> use out of them. So I decided to make some mini-campaigns to play with a
> friend until I got a chance to play my epic rules.
>
> Anyway, I have some questions about scenarios
>
> Am I the only one who thinks that there should be more scenarios for
> Epic, especially when trying to make a tree-campaign.

The Fog of War scenario has tons of variety, the problem is that in a
non-gm run tree campain, both players will know the others victory
conditions. The way around that is to have each player be given a choice
as to what victory conditions he wants secretly before the fight, then
have it affect the tree based on that. The problem is that it would be
really difficult to write such a campain.