Re: [Epic] What is acceptable.

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 18:07:56 -0600

Matthew Sprange wrote:

> > I ' ve been on the list just over a year I think - the only time I thought
> > something was necessary was when that Eric von dickhead or whatever was

I think the unanimous assault by the list members on him was a reasonable and
effective response. If enough people tell someone to shut up, and he doesn't get
a response in support, the problem will lurk or go away. Thats enough list
discipline for me. The only posts that I've found didn't belong were the one
about "whats you favorite music"; the "what music do you listen to when playing
epic" barely tolerable; unfortunately, my sarcastic "what scent do you wear when
playing epic" response backfired into a thread of people who actually wanted to
talk about it. My fault. But it seemed to make them happy....

Otherwise, the occasional hostility is OK, since it is usually something
relevant to the game. So far, von totenreich is the only person anyone actually
accused of breathing air which would be better breathed by someone else. The
worst flames have come from people saying other people should shut up, which I
can't see being helped by official list moderators telling people to shut up.

Thane