RE: [Epic] Super-Heavy Tanx

From: Darren Murray <solarus_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 20:45:56 -0700

Hmmm.....I remember the Soviets fielded a tank called
the KV-II that mounted a 155mm cannon. I don't have
information on how much it weighed but the turret alone
was taller than someone standing beside it. Check out
http://lrf1.unizar.es/~martin/panzernet/galeria/KVIIi.html.

Anything beyond that size would be too slow to move quickly,
attract enough attention to warrant fighter-bombers, and
be too big to fit on narrow roads.

However, the German's did use some rather large railroad guns.
If I recall correctly they used a pair of them at the Anzio to harass
and disrupt the landings. I believe they also had one called
"Big Bertha" but that one may have been in WW1 though.

Darren