[Epic] GW Sale

From: John Bridges <jebtek_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 08:05:01 +0100

Guys,

The games workshop sale has attracted a reasonable bit of attention =
of late. So I called up mail order and visited the local shop. The deals va=
ry from shop to shop. But are changed on a daily basis at the mail Order.

=
At the shop I brought E40K stuff all at 50% the ticket price. I brought 100=
 UKP worth of Eldar (so thats 200 in real price), for this I was given a gr=
ab back (6 Mordian Iron Guard Hvy Weapons), a can of spray paint, and a Gor=
kamorka tee shirt. Not bad I thought. But I was told each store manager set=
s his own give awayas and deals.

At the mail order they have specials by d=
ay. Tuesday was Necromunda. You get the game, all expansion packs, and the =
box of each and every gang for 100 UKP. Pretty good deal. For a further 50 =
you get one of every other Necromonda model in existence.

They are doing t=
he same with blood bowl, W40K and Fantasy, on different days. All the time =
though they have E40K at half price. This includes all of the old miniature=
s. So I brought several old gargants and things.

In addition they have for=
 Warhammer and W40K a package deal you spend 15 UKP get 5 free, spend 25 ge=
t 10 free, spend 50 get 20 free, spend 100 get 50 free, plus a codex of you=
r choice, plus free postage. I used this to buy 50 worth of Eldar, 50 worth=
 of Imperial Guard, so I got a Blood angels codex and free postage.

The de=
als are pretty good. If you hassel the guys a bit they tell you of specials=
 that day.

Hope this helps those who are not really sure whats going on.

=
John