Re: [Epic] Epic 40k from WD207 (LONG)

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 14:37:39 +1000 (EST)

>>So if I understand this correctly, the army with higher strategy (ala 40K)
>>could effectively win 3 out of 4 initiatives and is assured of 2. Sounds to
>>me the this strategy will be just as important (and silly) as the 40K manner
>>of initiative.
>>

>But the phrase used is "phases" as opposed to "turns". From above one can
>interpret it such that a turn consist of 4 phases. But that is just my wild
>guess and my "do not quite get it" part :)

Well it confuses me. So there are 4 phases to a turn and you draw a chit for
each phase?

>>Gee and this is from Stargrunt. Suppresion counters = blaster counters. Heck
>>they've even taken the leadership check to do things while under fire. And
>>just one point, since when in 40K does being shot at affect a figure at all?
>>Except for outright killing them, they are unaffected in returning fire.
>>
>Maybe he is referring to Overwatch. Troops on overwatch must take Ld test
>when fired upon, otherwise they will lose their overwatch mode.

Dosen't seem like much of an effect. Running for cover or keeping your head
down I see as being affected. And rightly so if some bugger shoots at you.
Everyone in 40K stands there and shoots back, even IG.

>Regards
>Oki

                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
                 Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach