Re: [Epic] Painting Rusty Lemons

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 09:12:46 -0700 (PDT)

> One hint. I don't know how everyone else does their treads, but I tend
> to paint them entirely black and then drybrush on the BG Metal. If you
> do this, apply the wash *after* you do the drybrushing. The act of
> drybrushing can leave you with some fine speckling on your tank even
> if you are very careful. The wash will mask this as well as give you
> the shading you are looking for.

I always ink my metals, it subdues them and makes them look more to scale.

> The overall result was pretty good. In one game we had another friend
> who dropped by and was watching. He jumped in surprise when I moved
> my tanks and said, "Oh, from over here I glanced over those things and
> thought they were bushes!" Pretty cool I thought. Of course, the same
> friend thinks I ruined the whole effect when I put the three-stripe
> company markings on the front quarterpanels. I thought it looked good.
> He agreed, but thought it made them look less "military."

Double edged sword, you can easily forget about well camo'd units, I have
had it happen.

Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...