RE: [Epic] Rhinos

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:45:04 -0400

> >If the rhinos can get within 15, they still add 1 for support.
>
> Yes but if they are charged they only represent 0 AV point... :(

Yeah, that's true--and they're likely to be in front if you use them as in
question 2. I think it is odd how, if one assault force charges another,
even though both are intending to assault each other, the initiative can
really make the difference as the first assaulter can line up the attack in
just the right way to maximize their chances. Although the assault phase
has had some key impacts in our games, it generally isn't too major,
otherwise I'd be more interested in finding a more cohesive assault phase,
probably combining firefights and close assaults, and making it more
simultaneous (maybe charge and counter-charge, then resolve).

> Yes you're right. I only wanted to know if there was a different way to
> use them.

On the other hand, they're only 7 points. :)

andy