RE: [Epic] Rhinos

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 06:26:56 PDT

Andy a �crit :

>> 1- Do you use rhinos to transport your assault squads? I know that >>
they
>> can move quickly thanks to their jump pack, but I always thought
>> that
>> they need to be deployed as fast as possible. Now, in close
>> assaults,
>> rhinos with a AV of 0 are a big disadvantage.
>
>If the rhinos can get within 15, they still add 1 for support.

Yes but if they are charged they only represent 0 AV point... :(

>> 2- I also use rhinos to transport my devastators. When I deploy
>> them,
>> rhinos become useless (FP = 0), what can I do with them? Sometimes,
>>they
>> can be used as covers for my units but I don't like too much this >>
idea
>> because of these problems of break points...
>
>Once I'm in the general area of where I want to be, I definitely put
>my
>rhinos up front. They get shot up first, and although having them >die
>counts towards getting the detachment to half strength, there are >more
units
>when you add them than if you hadn't. I'd rather they get shot than
>the
>marines and devastators, who have the same armor.

Yes you're right. I only wanted to know if there was a different way to
use them.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Answer the EPIC SURVEY
                Last Update : 05/28/98