Re: [Epic] Epic40K stats/Pre-sale

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 23:57:37 -0600 (CST)

>I hope this some kind of sick joke. How many "rare and expensive" vortex
>misiles are going to be on every titan? Guess they'll change the history
>again. The ranges for the titans are meager, does this mean that they are
>returning to the old days of 40K inches = epic cms? So they have changed the
>amount of weapons available down to 6?

In a word: yes

>And the warhounds are fixed weapons?

Yes, as there are no weapons choices.

>Oh boy I hope this is wrong.

Me too, but unfortunately I know it to be true.

>They've gone from being able to custom build
>your titan to having a much smaller range of choices. I take it they will be
>converting all the available weapons to within the categories above. (Fire
>control Towers gone?)

Most weapons have suggested conversions, but there are no official
conversions if I recall correctly. And yes, fire control towers are gone,
corvus assault pods are gone, carapace landing pads are gone, etc. etc. But
this isn't the first time they've pulled this; remember the bells, the
castellan heads, the corvus heads, etc. etc?

>Oh boy, lots of options now. I think they could more
>easilly made a costing into what each weapon is worth rather then just
>blending them into a few choices.

And like I said in another post, they've abstracted the game so much that it
would only be fun to 40k players looking to play really zogging huge games
of their favorite "wargame". All flavour has been removed from the game as
a stand alone. IMNSHO.

>I hope this is not the shape of things to come.

Me too. But I'm not betting on it.

> Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
> Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach
> "No Spanky, No. Bad monkey"