Re: [Epic] Epic40K stats/Pre-sale

From: Keith Zanardi <xenofobe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 01:11:17 -0500 (EST)

At 03:18 PM 2/28/97 +1000, you wrote:
>> Just got off the phone with a freind who is an Outrider for GW. He
>>has his
>> copy already. Lucky stiff. I was interested in the stats for titans, and
>>I am
>> putting them here for you. These are the basics.
>>
>> Warlord Titans
>>
>> 2 Carapace weapons which can be:
>>
>> Death Ray 60cm hits on a 2+ critical damage
>> Mega Cannon 60cm (barrage template) Heavy
>> MRL 60cm Light?
>> Heavy Weapons Battery 45cm
>> CC Weapons 30cm (chainfists with guns?)
>> Vortex Missile unlimited range
>>
>> 2 Arm weapons:
>>
>> As above but no Vortex Missiles.
>>
>> Reavers
>>
>> 1 Carapace (any)
>> 2 Arm (any except Vortex)
>>
>> Warhounds
>>
>> 2 Heavy Weapons Batteries (only weapon type allowed)
>>
>> Banelord
>>
>> 1 Death Ray 60cm
>> 1 "Doom Fist" 30cm (they kept the name)
>> 1 "Hell Strike Missiles" 60cm
>> 1 Bloodletter Head 30cm
>> 1 HWB 45cm (the other weapon? can't remember its name)
>> 1 tail 30cm
>>
>> Looks like he won't be such a wimp now.
>>

>> Also, GWUS is offering a "special" pre-order on Epic 40K. Cost is $69.99
>>no tax, free
>> 2nd day air shipping GUARANTEED by April 2nd. They also have some
>>blisters available.
>> The number is:1-800-PAY-MONI Oops, I mean 1-800-SAY-GAME. Hurry now
>>before they run
>> out!
>>
>> Keith
>
>I hope this some kind of sick joke.

 Nope.

 How many "rare and expensive" vortex
>misiles are going to be on every titan?

   Weenies will have 2 per titan I guess.

 Guess they'll change the history
>again. The ranges for the titans are meager, does this mean that they are
>returning to the old days of 40K inches = epic cms?

   Don't know.

 So they have changed the
>amount of weapons available down to 6? And the warhounds are fixed weapons?
>Oh boy I hope this is wrong.

   Nope. JR read it to me straight out of the book.

 They've gone from being able to custom build
>your titan to having a much smaller range of choices. I take it they will be
>converting all the available weapons to within the categories above.

   I didn't ask him about that. He said he would send me the rules in about
   a week or so.

 (Fire
>control Towers gone?)

   NO FCT's really pisses me off too.

 Oh boy, lots of options now. I think they could more
>easilly made a costing into what each weapon is worth rather then just
>blending them into a few choices.

  Both the boyz in the US & UK gave me this line. " You are in a ship
orbiting the
  planet where the fighting is. You are NOT concered as to which specific weapon
  is on a specific titan. You will be more concerned about fighting the
whole battle
  not concerned with manuvering a specially armed titan to an area of the
battle."

>I hope this is not the shape of things to come.

   It's what is in the book. I guess we HAVE to swallow this time.
  BTW there are 4 books smaller than usual. Kind of like 3/4 size computer
manuals.

   Keith