Re: [Epic] Fluffy Ork/Marine Question

From: Elaine P <elainepat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 05:34:59 PDT

Carl Billen wrote:
>Does anyone have any ideas for the organisation of a Ravenwing company
?
>It's just that I want to create my Blood Axe Kult of Speed, and as the
Blood
>Axes inspire and acquire their stuff from the Imperium, I would like to
know
>what I can put in an Orky Ravenwing warband.

I do not recall anywhere in the previous rulesets or fluff where the
Blood Axes had access to anything other than Rhinos & Land Raiders.
Going under that assumption you would be restricted to forming your
Blood Axe Kult of Speed with the same vehicles available to other Orks.

>The Orks have Wartraks, Scorchers, Buggies and Bikes, while the Marines
have
>Bikes, Attack Bikes and Land Speeders. (I considered the Boarboyz not
>available to the Blood Axes, as this would be a Blood Axe warband). I
>thought of adding some Battlewagons, Speedstas and maybe a Flakwagon,
but I
>suppose that these vehicles are not in the Ravenwing flavor.
>
>Any suggestions ?

If the goal is to imitate a Ravenwing, you would not want to add any
Battlewagons or Flakwagons as these vehicles would not be fast enough.
While I would consider Speedstas as essential components of a Kult of
Speed, they would not fit the image of a Ravenwing. If your Blood Axes
are strict imitators, you probably should not field any Speedstas, but
if you see the Kult of Speed as a cult which transcends the boundaries
of Ork tribes, then you could include them.
IMHO, I would consider the Kult of Speed & the Stormboyz beyond the
Blood Axe tendency to imitate the Imperium.

-- Elaine