Re: [Epic] Barrage templates and titans

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 09:20:51 -0700 (PDT)

> Tu as �crit :
>
> > I think we should keep in mind that the barrage is liberally
> >spraying the target with ammo, i think this is not enough to hurt a
> >titan...
>
> Well, I think that if a barrage can damage a LR (armour = 6+) then it
> should damage a titan, shouldn't it?

I have been following this post waiting for the big point to come up. It
didn't. The barrage shells are typically large fragmentary devices, or a
liberal spraying of smaller shells, excellent for taking out infantry,
not so good at taking out vehicles, therefore, I think that the titans
are not going to get more than a single hit, because with a frag device,
or HE, it is a single non-armour piercing shell, and the smaller
bombardments (Basilisk for eg) are going to have a relatively low
probability of damaging a titan, made more likely by the mass quantity.
In other words, it works fine now, so don't mess with it.

Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...