Re: [Epic] Barrage templates and titans

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 21:20:38 -0400

The effectiveness of a barrage is determined by the density of the
troops, not the type of troops. So we consider that if you put one
infantry stand under a template that the rest of the shots under the
template have missed, and giving thus the weak FP.

But, if a Titan takes up the entire template, then all those shots hit
and this should be reflected in the FP. Unfortunately this may either fix
things, or make barrage weapons overly powerfull. Plus I don't think most
Titans completely take up a Barrage, there will be uncovered places, gaps
where there is no miniature under the template.

Perhaps if you assign certain Titans certain FP when dealing with barrage
weapons, you can make it simple. Just play test first.

Personaly, I haven't played with or against Titans or other WE, so I
don't know how bad it is to have barrages only equal 1 FP against huge
Titans. For all I know, it could be perfectly even, a balance of
usefullness and cost for every unit with barrage ability, and everyone is
just noticing it because it is unrealistic.

Tyler