Re: [Epic] Games day part Two !!

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 16:40:25 -0600

Jon & Patty wrote:

> sorry about not including the release date....tenatively aug/sep for the
> chaos sprues...no primarch as of yet...the only metal are the vehicles
> as the demons are now ALL on the sprues....the only real carry over from
> the old sprues was the chaos champion...no word on the titans.....will
> get my pictures back from games day on fri...will see if any are good
> enuff to send to the mailing list.....now Flame on......
>
> the last post of mine was sent BEFORE I recieved and read my mail and I
> would like to respond to some of the comments from the other attendees
> of Games Day.....first of all the outriders were NOT at fault for the
> orcs being missing on table #26 and the detachment sheets not being
> ready on the other two tables it is the responsiblitiy of the staff at
> GW to have those things ready and looks like somebody dropped the
> ball...the outriders were the ones who salvaged what they could and made
> those other two tables playable...the staff member running the tyranid
> table was not an outrider but a staff member from canada....the ONLY
> table set up for experienced gamers WAS the bring and battle the others
> were LEARNING tables so people could learn how to play and then maybe by
> the game.....I don't Know who you talked to but everyone I talked to
> seemed to be EXCITED about the new phantom and revenant...the new ones
> have ALOT more character then those slick sided old ones.....and if you
> didn't want to run the flyers on the table you played on you should of
> ASKED ME to use another unit and I would of gladly given you one..the
> sulfa river games is the first real beer and pretzel game GW has
> produced and it has two blisters in it each retail at $8.99 so the total
> so far is $17.98 and the rules are two full pages front and back and
> everyone who played loved it or else how can you explain that at the end
> of games day all the games of sulfa river where sold out ???....and
> after your bring and battle didn't you get a free blister just for
> playing ??? so $8.99 from your admission of $10 means you paid $1.01 to
> get in to a con to play with other peoples miniatures, didn't have to
> bring anything but your figs, saw a BUNCH of new stuff coming out from
> GW and you were disappointed ??? sorry but I thought everyone had a
> GREAT time and things went EXTREMELY well...if you disagree fine and if
> you want to ask me anything or email go right ahead....
>
> your friendly neighborhood outrider
> Jon W. Russell

  Yeah, how dare you imply that there would be anything wrong with Games
Day, especially concerning GW's favorite game, Epic. We're lucky that
they're even willing to lower themselves to the level of common ... Gamers
(hack, spit), excuse my french. Hell, they even showed you'd the tenative
Fall release of a few of the Chaos miniatures.

They've got the best miniature crafters in the industry (heck, they trained
them up from a bunch of nobody's), so if you think there's a problem with
the miniatures, then the problem is definately your lack of artistic taste.
Those crappy old eldar titans have probably been the biggest problem with
Epic games sales; they haven't even wanted to advertise the game in their
magazine until they got a good model out with plenty of rivets to show its
strength and power.

Jon, you don't take any crap from these ... gamers ... with no sense of what
makes a good convention. You worked with the greatest gaming company in the
world, who have put on a lot more conventions than any of these .. gamers...
and who are much more qualified to determine whether a convention was
successful or not. I'll anxiously await for the next White Dwarf to see how
THEY rated the convention.

Thane