[Epic] Games day part Two !!

From: Jon & Patty <bitn1byte_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 15:40:35 -0500

sorry about not including the release date....tenatively aug/sep for the
chaos sprues...no primarch as of yet...the only metal are the vehicles
as the demons are now ALL on the sprues....the only real carry over from
the old sprues was the chaos champion...no word on the titans.....will
get my pictures back from games day on fri...will see if any are good
enuff to send to the mailing list.....now Flame on......

the last post of mine was sent BEFORE I recieved and read my mail and I
would like to respond to some of the comments from the other attendees
of Games Day.....first of all the outriders were NOT at fault for the
orcs being missing on table #26 and the detachment sheets not being
ready on the other two tables it is the responsiblitiy of the staff at
GW to have those things ready and looks like somebody dropped the
ball...the outriders were the ones who salvaged what they could and made
those other two tables playable...the staff member running the tyranid
table was not an outrider but a staff member from canada....the ONLY
table set up for experienced gamers WAS the bring and battle the others
were LEARNING tables so people could learn how to play and then maybe by
the game.....I don't Know who you talked to but everyone I talked to
seemed to be EXCITED about the new phantom and revenant...the new ones
have ALOT more character then those slick sided old ones.....and if you
didn't want to run the flyers on the table you played on you should of
ASKED ME to use another unit and I would of gladly given you one..the
sulfa river games is the first real beer and pretzel game GW has
produced and it has two blisters in it each retail at $8.99 so the total
so far is $17.98 and the rules are two full pages front and back and
everyone who played loved it or else how can you explain that at the end
of games day all the games of sulfa river where sold out ???....and
after your bring and battle didn't you get a free blister just for
playing ??? so $8.99 from your admission of $10 means you paid $1.01 to
get in to a con to play with other peoples miniatures, didn't have to
bring anything but your figs, saw a BUNCH of new stuff coming out from
GW and you were disappointed ??? sorry but I thought everyone had a
GREAT time and things went EXTREMELY well...if you disagree fine and if
you want to ask me anything or email go right ahead....

your friendly neighborhood outrider
Jon W. Russell