Re: [Epic] Final Liberation Unit and Map editors released - request for help

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:34:10 -0400 (EDT)

Daniel Bond <arkhan_the_black_at_...> writes:
> ---Daniel Bond <arkhan_the_black_at_...> wrote:
> >
> > I have just visited the SSI Online Warhammer Final Liberation Site.
> > They have release a unit and a map editor. Go to :
> >
> > http://www.warhammer.ssionline.com
> >
> > Unfortunately, I cannot download the file
>
> Actually If anybody out there manages to download the file, could you
> email a copy to me, since I am having difficulty downloading it.

        A couple people on csipgs have posted it on their own sites.

Mark

From: william_at_... (William Abner)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic
Subject: Re: Final Liberation Unit Editor Finally Released...
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 01:53:17 GMT

[snip]
I just uploaded it onto the Theater.

Here's the Direct URL:

http://www.gamepen.com/strategy/flibedit.zip

Its roughly 300K.

cheers
bill

--------------------------------
William Abner - william_at_...
Senior Editor, GamePen
The Theater of Operations:
The HQ of PC Stratgey News:
http://www.gamepen.com/strategy
ICQ#: 1021851

From: sandersn_at_...
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:54:49 GMT

[snip]

Well, I put up a quickie web site for people who do care about the game and
the editor. Right now, it's a pretty weak website, but I hope to use it as a
place where people can go to get info on the editor, download maps/units,
etc.

[snip]
I still think the game has potential, but looking at the files in the editor,
I'm not convinced that we can add new races to the mix. New units, weapons,
and maps shouldn't be difficult... but I just don't think the game mechanics
are available to add things like the tyranids or chaos. If they can be
added, my fear is that they will be a complete hackjob, and not model the
Epic40k board game rules.

Anyways, if you care, take a look at:

http://basternae.ml.org/~ski/final

[snip]