Re: [Epic] Photography

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:25:05 -0400

sauron1 wrote:

> Sauron1 writes;Honest! Its on Topic.
>
> So I have this very nice 35mm camera and I decided to try to unipress
> everbody with my poor paint job on my Epic scale armies, but what's the
> setup for getting a decent picture with targets of that scale?

  Best bet, Macro lens, or Micro lens. The lenses that naturalists use to
photograph insects. basically a telephoto with a minimum focusing distance of
less then inches and a good depth of field, which is lost with normal telephotos.
Telephoto's work okay, that's what a friend uses to shoot spiderwebs.

Now, I'm assuming because of your love of technology you bought a SLR manual
camera. If you bought a dinky automatic (So I perfer the flexibility of being
able to play with F.stops, shutter speed and focus, as well as being able to
remove the lense and basically take the thing apart with a screwdriver, not a
sledgehammer, molded plastic, gotta love it)

Anyway, with an automatic that has a zoom you should zoom in and focus close. for
single miniatures a flatbed scanner works fine.

Tyler
Trying to remember his Photography courses