Re: [Epic] Dave Gentzler's Trouble in Paradise

From: Chris Miller <ironstar_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 21:54:22 -0500

>> >All things considered, not having to buy army books, and not having to
buy
>> >several blisters to make up a squad, I think Epic is a fairly cheap GW
>> game.

---------> Agreed. I'm rather heavily invested in WH40K and WHFB and trust
me, those damn army books can add $100 in no time...

>> Epic is very cheap if you collected the minis since Space Marine. I have
>> 'thousands' of Marines/Orks/IG minis and so was easy to create Epic
stands.

>> BTW, the GW way of packaging the minis for Epic is crap!! I remember when
>> you got a huge handful of sprues in a box but then those were the days
when
>> GW was friendly towards its customers over 12years old!!
>>
>The 10 sprues per box days were great, I miss them, sniff.

--------> hey, that's my line! : ) Specifically when it was about 1$ for 1
sprue, instead of the what, $5 per sprue now? Ouch.

There is hope, I must say. TSR is turning around (under the benevolent rule
of WOTC) and has declared their intention of moving AD&D to a more "adult"
audience, who can presumably handle the words like "demon". Of course, this
is turning in the sense of "The Bismarck, with it's hull now half-filled
with water, began turning", but it's something. Even the mighty can change.
They just have to go broke first...

Chris Miller