Re: [Epic] New Member

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 21:26:05 +0000

Andy Skinner wrote:

> > I just have a few questions, but if they are covered by an FAQ please let
> > me know where I can find it. I play Ultramarine, and I've managed to
> > incorporate rules for Veterans into our gaming circle pretty painlessly;
> > 40 pts/squad, extra point of FP, OW at 3. I'm curious to know what other
> > variations of tactical veterans are being used.
>
> Some have suggested giving them a save, but then they are terminators, who
> are veterans and have terminator armor. I think this kind of thing is
> assumed to be lost at this scale. I don't pay enough attention to campaign
> rules for improvement with experience (I figure that should also be lost at
> this scale), but there might be something along those lines.

There is also the Troop Quality rules that I posted. They are on my web
site at
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/e41k/rules/troop-quality.htm

Short version: Veterans remove 1D6+1 Blast Markers, vs 1D6 for normal
marines vs 1d6-1 for IG.

--
Silliness is the last refused of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com