Re: [Epic] Warlord Battlegroups

From: Seth Ben-Ezra <Azathoth_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 12:22:29 -0500

On 28 Feb 97 at 10:13, Spatula wrote:

> OK guys, I have a question for you all: how would you arm a long-range
> Warlord Battlegroup? I want to put one together as I have a bunch of
> titan weapons and a few Warlord sprues laying around, BUT I hardly ever
> use titans myself and when I have to face off against them they are
> almost always armed with short/medium ranged stuff. What I'm really
> looking for is 3 titans each with some individuality (ie, I don't want
> 3 titans armed with the same exact weapons) that are able to support
> each other reasonably well. Ideas?
>
> Scott
> shupes_at_...

I was looking for the same thing in a Warlord BG. It seemed to me that
using them as long range support is a much better idea than using them
as "close assault" Titans. Reavers would be better in that role. So,
this is what I equipped my BG with:

Titan 1

2 Multiple Rocket Launchers
2 Volcano Cannons

Titan 2

Melta Cannon
Volcano Cannon
Gatling Blaster
Laser Blaster

Titan 3
2 Gatling Blasters
Volcano Cannon
Chainfist

The theory is that the group advances in an inverse wedge formation
with Titan 1 being at the point (i. e. the rear), since its weapons are
longest ranged. Titan 2 should be furthest in the lead, as many of its
weapons are closer ranged, especially the Melta Cannon. Titan 3 should
be positioned somewhere in between ready to give fire support to Titan
2 or go off on its own.

Some possible substitutions:

Vortex or other one-shot for one of the MRL's on Titan 1
Fire Control Tower in place of one of the weapons on Titan 1
a plasma weapon for the chainfist on Titan 3 (I glued it on, so I can't
   replace it myself)
Fire Control Tower in place of the Melta Cannon on Titan 2

Unfortunately, this group has not been tested by myself yet. I let
someone use my Tech-Guard against me and he used this group. It was
rather effective in that game. None of the substitutions have ever
been tested; they're just the ramblings of my meager mind. :)

Hope this is helpful (or sparks some ideas of your own)

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf