Re: [Epic] Cedric Royer

From: Aaron Day <akkala_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 08:18:20 -0500

Richard Levick wrote:

> Shawshank GW style...
> Yeah, like I'm going to send them a letter every day for ten years? My
> point was that it's not only the content they ignore but in all likelihood,
> the volume as well. GW just don't like change. Do you recall seeing Rogue
> Trader all those years ago?? What's different in the latest incarnation of
> 40K - not a great deal! The basic troops stay the same, but the game
> mechanics are still the same also. I recently got back into 40K and I
> hadn't played it since Rogue Trader days. A bolter was still a bolter and
> could still fire 24" and you still had the same chart to work out combat -
> GW just don't like change!

What do you want them to do, change 40K like they changed Epic and have
everyone hate it (and them). Warhammer wouldn't be Warhammer if it
didn't have a SvT wound chart. D&D hasn't changed much in 25 years but
that doesn't mean that TSR hated change, its just everything they tried
that was different failed. Its just like Frank Herbert (weird thread
crossover alert), he tried to write other books, but all his fans wanted
were more Dune books (which he didn't like doing).