[Epic] Epic Ogre

From: Tzeentch <tzeentch666_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 11:02:15 -0700

Hola,
  In my neverending mad rush to make more and better Epic stuff I am in the
process of working out the bugs for a TOTAL conversion of Steve Jacksons
Ogre Miniature rules to Epic 2nd Edition(NetEpic). There is the main
rulebook and two add-on packs with optional rules, Ogre pictures, etc....
  I even have sent some bad fanfiction to the NetEpic list :) If anyone
wants to see what THAT is like see the end of this post.
  Right now only Ogres are converted, but once I get the actual Miniatures
book I can do everything else (nuclear cruise missiles anyone?). And I am
also getting an old copy of Battlesuit so soon you too can play with squads
of BPC armored battlesuits firing off tactical nuclear weapons and using
killer drones!
  By the end of today I should also have a new Godzilla version based on the
"Destroy All Monsters" Ogre scenario. So keep an eye out for that.
  Feedback is very much appreciated. Especially in the point cost area, as
a Mk V Ogre comes out to a whopping 6300 points! But my conversion of 42
Epic points to 1 Ogre VP may be a bit off...
  So if you have any Ogre pictures, optional rules, etc, etc, let me know.
I'm especially interested in some of the material printed in The Ogre Book.
  And yes, I don't mind at all if its converted over to the crappy (ahem!)
40K system :) Just let me know where it is for linking purposes. :)
Thanks,
Kenneth

Iron Men
"Sergeant Kowolski surveyed the area from inside his battlesuit. The last
holdouts from the Imperial assault were holed up in the building to his
front and his squad was ordered to take them out.
"Typical", he thought, "the Ogres get all the glory while the infantry just
get the boring and dirty jobs"
On his tacscan he could see his squadmates forming up, fanning out across
several hundred meters of blasted terrain and burning hulks.
Kowolski noted when his men had reached their positions and then gave the
order to attack. The Imperial troops obviously thought the building would
shelter them. And if they were facing a low-tech army like the Imperium
itself they would have been right. The grizzled sergeant allowed himself a
grin. "Not today" he thought.
A glimmer of motion to his right caught Kowlski's eye. He saw Cpl Peter's
killer drone streak into the building followed by a deafening crack and
flash. Kowolski's helmet immediately tinted to protect his eyes from the
nuclear flash.
As his faceplate autoflash protection cleared he could see the building was
nothing more then a gutted shell.
The Sergeant sent a brief commlink to his squad and they began moving
further into the city."