Re: [Epic] more 40K stuff

From: Doug Veal <dougv_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:47:01 +1100

Geoff Kemp wrote:

<snip>

Sigh...

Ok.. just a quick one on this topic,

I, as I am sure many of you are, am on the WH40K mailing list as well
and that list has been overrrun by rumours for at least 6 months now as
to what the changes are going to be for the next edition of WH40K.

At this point, the only thing that people are agreeing on is that there
*will* be a new version soon. (and GW are even denying that..)

Also, you cannot take anything that a GW staffer says as being accurate.
The rank and file in the stores are the last to know this sort of stuff
as the head office realize that they won't be able to keep stuff like
this to themselves (see also the thread of the two GW staff on that list
who have been sacked for talking about the new edition.) Even miniatures
that you actually see cannot be trusted. GW UK make a *lot* of concept
miniatures that never make it to the stores. Where do you think these
end up? - given away to staff of course. Examples that spring to mind
include:

- scanned Dark Eldar on the web (now gone) that someone won at a GW pub
quiz. - They were even told that they were "never going to see the light
of day"
- GW Australia had two cold ones for WFB in their display case *without
saddles*. This immediately made me (being a DE player) ask about them to
be told they were indeed for the Witch King's Chariot. This was now 2
years ago with no sign of him!
- Necrons were already hitting the stores (and front of WD) in the UK
and when someone on the 40K mailing list asked GW mail order in the US
about them they denyed that they existed and virtually accused him of
lying when he persisted.

All I am trying to say is don't get too carryed away by all these
supposed rumours ok?

Doug

please direct responses and flames to dougv_at_...