Re: [Epic] more 40K( big load of studd from portent)

From: Tzeentch <tzeentch666_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 15:39:58 -0700

Welcome to planned obsolescence. Plus the usual GW changing the fluff every
revision. And people wonder why the old hats think GW is a bunch of losers
:) Break out the checkbooks and vasoline.

><Picture: [-]>Cypher is going to play a larger role in the 40K world and
>the Emperor doesn't die. GW has spent way to much $ in copyrights to alter
>the story that much. What they will be doing is using Cypher as the reason
>the marines fight each other.

And I thought that they had already said he was "just" a homage to CLint
Eastwood. And don't think GW won't totally mess with the background. Check
the differences between RT and 40K.

>Imperial Fists and Crimson Fists are new mini Codex's (A new White Dwarf
>cover will be an updated version of the Crimson Fist last stand)

Oh boy (YAWN).

><Picture: [-]>Power Armor will have a 3+ un-mod save, but heavy weapons
>will cut right through it as will power weapons (This is more a
>confirmation as I've posted such info before)

LOL. Oh great. The Cheddar is getting big.

>H-T-H rules significantly different, especially against vehicles ( get out
>of the way or die sorta thing)
>
><Picture: [-]>Beekie marines will make a come back and that all marines
>will have a close combat weapon in addition to bolt-pistol. CC will also be
>more like Necromunda & Fantasy (Necro- alternating weapon strike if using
>two weapons, no benefit from slung weapons; Fantasy-we both get to attack,
>to hit based off WS skill chart, parry will modify the roll rather than
>forcing a re-roll, if loser fails a LD modified LD roll the run-away

(YAWN)

>Emporor revealing himselfresults in a second warp rift the on the scale of
>the eye of terror

(DOUBLE YAWN)

>Emporor does not infact die but rather becomes the 5th Chaos God. Odd this
>one but it does give the Imperium a reason to fight as half support him and
>half don't. A few people will be a bit sceptical of tyis one but I
>personally think it will be pretty interesting if it does happen. We shall
>see.

LOL. Like I already said. How lame- I bet you can be a Champion of this
new god too.

>These rumours comes from a source who has been quite accurate in the past,
>and are apparently from an ex-member of GW staff. A few of these are really
>conformations rather than new rumours, but there are some unheard rumours
>in here as well.

(TRIPLE DOUBLE SOMERSAULT YAWN)

><Picture: [-]>Warhammer 40,000 will be pre-released at Games Day 98 and go
>on sale in the stores during the first week of October. No price has been
>set as yet but expect it too be in the �50-60 region.
>
><Picture: [-]>The rules have been streamlined and the whole system will
>play very much like Warhammer Epic 40K. As I've reported on Portent before
>new points costs will be very low and the typical army should be around
>500pts including vehicles.

Lets pray it does not play like Epic!!!!!! I love Epic but it would not be
good for a skirmish system.

><Picture: [-]>Vehicle combat will be made a lot quicker and also vehicles
>will come as a base when buying them for armies (ie a Leman Russ and then
>the weapons and sponsons are extra) This will allow for conversions and
>will tie in with future releases that will allow you to convert many of the
>vehicles.

LOL How "realistic". Nice to know in the 40K universe there are so many
vehicles each squad gets one :)

><Picture: [-]>Psionics is to get a complete overhaul and instead of the
>usual nasty spells that have been in the previous editions, 3rd edition
>will concentrate on agumenting hand to hand and missle skills of troops.

:) And of course it makes that expensive Dark Millenium box out of date and
worthless.

><Picture: [-]>Dark Eldar. The Dark Eldar will some of the best looking
>range that Games Workshop has ever done. They look very simialar to normal
>Eldar, but if you imagaine the armour plating on the old Eldar Titans and
>try to picture that on a miniature you will not be far off. Also a major
>character in the Dark Eldar forces will be Arhra, the father of the
>Striking Scorpions. He is a huge miniature and will perhaps be as large as
>Orion the Wood Elf character.

(BARF) The Dark Cheldar- Lords of Cheese. Led by their Black Swiss
Emperor.

><Picture: [-]>As far as my source can gather the Codexes will continue and
>the old books will be re-written in line with the new system starting with
>the Eldar and Space Wolves. Expect to see many small booklets (like the
>Assasins codex) in the next few months for many of the chapters and some of
>the alien races.

LOL. Of course making all the old Codex's obsolete. I can hear the Daleks
now "OBOLETE! OBSOLETE!" Welcome to planned obsolescence my friends.

><Picture: [-]>Anew alien race will be introduced to 40k but it wont be
>until next January at the earliest, although hints will be seeded in White
>Dwarf. The race is still under tight wraps at the moment but look like they
>may be the creators of the Necrons. Expect them to be totally alien to
>anything else in the Warhammer universe.

LOL. GW has never made anything original. Expect it to be pretty familiar.

><Picture: [-]>Points costs are being totally and utterly redone. 10 or so
>points for rhino, 50 for an assassin. 5 or so points for a squad. Like I
>said, really changed.

Obsolete Obsolete!!!

><Picture: [-]>Dark Eldar are Eldar that survived the fall. Slaanesh is
>constantly sucking their souls away. The only way they can stop this is by
>killing so that Slaanesh can take the dead souls instead. Very, very
>macabre indeed. But we like that don't we.

(YAWN) Can't make it too dark or it will scare the kiddies.

><Picture: [-]>Space Marines finally get rules that really make them out to
>be the Emperors finest. Power armour is a fixed 3+ unmod save. Terminators
>get 2+ fixed on one dice. If they don't move they can shoot once at 24
>inches. If they don't move and shoot they may shoot 3 times at 12 inches.
>Run and shoot at 12 inches. Now they truly are la creme de la creme.

LOL. Ever wonder why bolters have a range of like 50 feet?

And the lameness never ends..... heheh GW for you :)

But like I I'll believe it when I see it.

Kenneth "Bored of all the GW rumors" Peters