RE: [Epic] dilemma--sell 2nd edition stuff?

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 10:06:43 -0400

> Never get rid of a game and minitatures of which you have
> all you need to play. Pack these items up and put them in your
> attic for year or two.

Oh, I wouldn't be selling the minis. I've considered getting rid of my
Orks, 'cause I have a lot and don't see that I'll ever get to painting them
(they're behind Space Marines, Eldar, Titans, IG, Blood Bowl, terrain, etc),
but I really like the look of these guys. I may give them to my son
someday, but I'm glad I or someone else can field several different armies
for Epic, so I can always introduce somebody to the game.

I'd still have everything I need for Epic40K, just no longer Space Marine
2nd. If I didn't like Epic 40K better, I would have stuck with 2nd, so I
wouldn't be getting rid of that stuff just because E40K was more recent. I
really don't think I'll be playing 2nd anymore.

(I've always wanted to tinker with it though. If I get the urge, I can use
a lot of it to hack up my own game--the orders counters are nice.)

> I have met many gamers, scale modelers and others that regret disposing
> of items of interest many, many years later.

I know this feeling. I gave away Runequest 2nd edition and Chivalry &
Sorcery after college, and boy, do I regret it. Not that I'd play them
today, either, but they were my first games in the RPG/fantasy/etc realm.

andy