Re: [Epic] game scale

From: Chris Swearingen <tall-guy_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 18:43:45 -0800

----------
> From: kx.henderson_at_...
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: Re: [Epic] game scale
> Date: Wednesday, February 26, 1997 7:17 PM
>

> Well Chris, you will find that nearly all wargames have a much larger
scale
> for the figures than the actual ground scale that the game is played on.

yes, i know... i've been playing table top miniature games for 20+ years,
and even play the biggest-discrepency-in-scale-games themselves,
WWII and modern naval (Harpoon, Command at Sea, where the ships represented
by counters should be dots...) and DBA/DBM

> The scale differentiation put me out too for a while, but you get used to
> it.

yup, been pretty used to Epic scale since 1st ed SM,
what i was attempting to put foreward was the need to bring this
difference in scales to the attention of other gamers, especially
new ones, as it helps one to understand some of the more arbitrary
rules in the game.

> After all its all about having fun and using your imagination isn't
> it!?! You want realistic scales and rules, play Napoleonics. I'll stick
> using my imagination with a little realism thrown in for good measure.
>
> -Kelvin.....

oh, thank you for this most condescending letter!
i stand in awe of your obvious superiority...
i just wish i could have fun playing games (sniff)

and by the way, i play napolionics, and they are NOT realistic.

Chris Swearingen
tall-guy_at_...

"my brain hurts!"
"well,... it will have to come out then!"