Re: [Epic] DUNE

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 03:45:27 PDT

Josh a �crit :

>Well I was thinking along these lines....
> Sardaukar and Fremen should have stats approximately those of
>marines....
> Sardaukar would be in power armor, with lots of armor....and ir
>power....

Why in power armor? I don't remember anything about this in the books?

> Harkonnen would be more like IG, but in heavier armor.....
> Atreides are IG....with "normal" support units...this would also
>apply to any
>other house...

I don't agree there. I think that Houses standard troops should have
almost the same stats (IG ones) but as each House is unique, there
should be some special troops.
For example, in the books, House Atreides has trained some squads of
very good warriors who can beat even Sardaukars. These troops should be
allowed as support units.

Of course, there are many other forces which could be involved in the
Landsraad wars : Bene Gesserit and Tleilax, the Space Guild, the CHOM
(oups, sorry don't remember the name of this commercial organisation in
English), Ix and Richese, etc...

> Perhaps Harkonnen should be more like chaos?

Yes, I like this idea.

Now there is an other problem : at which moment do you whish to set up
your army lists? Before Atreides get Arrakis as homeworl? When Paul
Atreides becomes the leader of the fremen? When he is the Emperor?

Fran�ois.