Re: [Epic] 3000 pt battle coming up

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 00:26:34 PDT

L. Brian Hayes a �crit :

>Hello everybody!
> I have a 3000 point battle coming up (I have a Imperial Army) >against
3000
>points of bugs! Man do I hate bugs. The terrain will be a tight city
>fight.
>I know the bugs will have two titans and approx 10 gargoyles. Any
>suggestions as to what I should run? I use space Wolves and I'll >have
>plenty of Blood Claw Assault Marines and I've been working on a
>sisters of
>battle detactment. I use the old guard assault troops, the ones with
>jump
>packs.
> I'll post tomorrow what I plan on playing and than friday >after the
battle
>I'll let ya'll know how it went.

I don't know if an assault plan (even with Blood Claws) is the best
solution.
Against Gargoyles : Imperial flyers in interception orders is one way to
stop them.
I think you should deploy a maximum of Long Fangs : they have a good
firepower (2) and a very good assault value (3) which is very good to
fight Tyranids.
Don't forget to protect your IG artillery against mycetic spores and if
you have assault detachments try the drop pods.
Some LR will be also useful to destroy these Tyranid Warriors, Hive
Tyrans and other synaptical (synapse?) creatures.
Prevent bio-titans to engage your war engines in close assault.

Which rules will you use for Sisters of Battle? There are the rules of
Philippe Devill� on my web page which are very good. In addition, if you
feel that Tyranids are really too weak (heu, I wanted to say if your
opponent thinks that), Arnaud Bourragu� has writen a modified army list
for them : changes are not too important but they can improve the
Tyranids which are considered by many players as too weak.

Voil�, I hope that all this will help you. :)

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 07/01/98

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/