Re: [Epic] epic 40k Eldar player: getting killed by artillery H

From: Luca Fazio <luca_fazio_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 10:19:01 +0000

On 7 Jul 98 at 21:27, REMPORT131_at_... wrote:

> Have Eldar players had trouble against large amount of massed Imperial
> artillery. I know your supposed to charge them or drop on them, but you've got
> to survive the 1st heavy barrage and the vortex missiles. Give me any
> suggestions. I'm tired of getting my butt kicked.

Night spinners on preparatory bombardment !!
A lot of night spinners will cover imperial artillery with blast markers in the
movement phase leaving them without (or with reduced) offensive capabilities,
then close up with your all swooping hawk/death from above detachment and
finish those imperial detachments !!
You have a 90 cm artillery piece and a 90cm charging range with your swooping
hawk so you can deal with long ranged artillery.
About vortex missiles.... meet an agreement with your opponent about unit
limitations or sacrifice 2 or 3 revenant titans to the killing fest.
Probably he will shoot his vortex missiles to the 3 incoming titans hoping to
destroy them and will let your detachments quiet !!
If your opponents doesn't use flyers/flak use them !! Put some aircraft on your
side and use them surgicallly against his vortex missile movers !
Ciao,

Luca Fazio

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/2085/

Please reply to luca_fazio_at_... address only, I have problem with my mail service !! Thank you !