Re: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: Mike Looney IONet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 20:33:12 -0500

The Forgotten Spice Girl wrote:

> In reference to my previous post, is the rarity of land raiders, if you
> look at the neat little diagrams that lay out the orginization of
> chapters, you'll see that only the 1st (ie Terminator/Veteran) company has
> land raiders listed under support.

<snippage about power gamers removed.>

I have Codex:UM in my hot little paws even as I type.
Page 19. (The page with the "neat little diagrams" BTW)
 "In addition to the vehicles and war machines listed, the chapter has
access to a vast range of other military hardware. This includes entire
companies of Land Raiders, Predators and the like as well as special
artillery and weaponry. Individual armored vehicles and support gear
are supplied to the companies, in appropriate livery, by command of the
various captains."

If all you go by is the Infantry TO&E box, you must NEVER use Predators
or Thunder hawks, as they are not listed as an option AT ALL as support
weapons. It boils down to do you play Epic, where Land Raiders have
always been a major part of Space Marine forces or WH40K, where they are
very rare? Me, I play Epic.