Re: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: The Forgotten Spice Girl <adixon_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 13:29:03 -0700 (PDT)

In reference to my previous post, is the rarity of land raiders, if you
look at the neat little diagrams that lay out the orginization of
chapters, you'll see that only the 1st (ie Terminator/Veteran) company has
land raiders listed under support. I, personally, only transport
Terminators and command stands in Land Raiders. The other companies get
the ever so cheap and effective Rhinos. And, I just had a thought.
I don't know if anyone else noticed or really cared, but how about the
fact that Rhino's now have a FP rating of 0? I can see how this might (I
say might) help balance out the power of the land raider. Heck, the Rhino
used to be almost identical to a tactical marine stand. Now, it's
basically the classic steel box on treads that it is in 40k.
Final Point: I would encourage all of you who are having trouble with
power gamers to stop playing with them. I know all about those kind of
people, it's one of the main reasons I don't play 40k as often as I used
to. I can tell you one thing though, if you stop playing with the power
boys, they will soon either quit or reform their wicked ways. The best
way to have fun is to agree to some set limits before a game with your
opponents. It has always worked wonders for me. Despite the fact that
many armies of all of GW's games have definate cheese factors in them,
they can all be solved long before the game begins! And remember that
this is a game, and the number one rule should be HAVE FUN!!!!!

My 3.2 cents.

adam

Adam Dixon |
Lewis & Clark College | <This space for rent>
adixon_at_... | <Call if interested>