Re: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: Mike Looney IONet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 10:26:59 -0500

REV. James Black Rose wrote:

> >If all you go by is the Infantry TO&E box, you must NEVER use Predators
> >or Thunder hawks, as they are not listed as an option AT ALL as support
> >weapons. It boils down to do you play Epic, where Land Raiders have
> >always been a major part of Space Marine forces or WH40K, where they
> are
> >very rare? Me, I play Epic.
> >
> me I play both.. wh40k because I can have morew detail on the figs
> without using a microscope to do it.. and epic because you get more for
> the money.. but either way I enjoy both.. Sure you may not like wh40k
> but hey thats your choice..

I do play WH40K/RT. Granted not as often as Epic.

Epic is, and always has been a Armor based game. Space Marine 1st ed
was a translation of "Combined Arms", a "modern" micro armor game by
GDW. All the Epic games versions that follow it keep at least some of
the basic idea that it is a VEHICLE based game. As such, well Land
Raiders will be common.

Assuming that the boyz kept the same scale as CA, 1 turn is 15 min, and
the ground scale is 1:1000 (1 meter = 1KM). As an aside in "Combined
Arms" each unit is equal to 1 platoon of troops, which makes the E40K
rules make a little more sense, execpt that the army book is set up for
1:1 not 1:platoon.

Assuming that my ISP stays on the air today, I will be posting a stack
of the E41K projects that have been building up, including "Command
Epic", which is army list based on the 1:platoon scale.