Re: [Epic] Drivers are Space Marines too

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:32:35 -0500

Aaron Day wrote:

> Mike Looney - ionet wrote:
> >
> > Then why does Codex:UM say that they have "whole companines of land
> > raiders"?
> >

> They have tons of vehicles (sans crews) that are given to the
> companies
> as requested. If you read the whole thing that seems to be the jist of
>
> it. I agree that calling them "companies" is misleading but how else
> do
> you explain the comment that all space marines are trained as drivers.

Back in my US Army days I was a Radar Mech. I was trained as a driver
for all of the vehicles that my battery had. That didn't mean I was a
driver, it meant I could be if needed.

Obviously the limit of 1000 marines per chapter is crock. Lets see, 10
squads of 10 times 10 companies. That makes 1000. Ok, what about the
captains, commanders, librarians, medics and Techmarines? Do they come
out of the 1000 also?

The 1000 is, to use phrase, "the fox hole strength" (i.e enlisted grunts
with a gun in hand) of a chapter. It does not include AFV crews,
command and control staff and other support types.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com