Re: [Epic] Chaplins in CC

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 14:13:54 -0600 (CST)

>I wonder if anyone can help me with this,
>If I have an Space Marine assault detachment accompanied by a Chaplin and
>they are pounced on by loads of Eldar jekbikes, what`s to stop the Eldar
>player electing to fight the Chaplin first then fight the Assault Marines
>after they have lost their +1 CAF from the Chaplin? I can`t find anything
>in the rules to stop this, but it does seem to go against the spirit of the
>rules.

The way my group has always resolved close combat is that the effects of it
don't actually resolve until the end of the phase, and then happen
simultaneously. While the rules don't actually state that this happens, we
couldn't figure out any other logical way to run them with running into
problems with this and with, did this titan break this company and get XP
for it? We just always assumed it was one of those little things that
slipped through the cracks of GW playtesting, so under my system frex,
broken companies wouldn't have the broken penalties until after the CC phase.

Michael the Liu