Re: [Epic] Drivers are Space Marines too

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:02:34 -0500

Oki Purwanto wrote:

> At 03:36 PM 7/13/98 -0500, Aaron Day wrote:
> >Mike Looney IONet wrote:
>
> >Ok, this is where I say Codex:Ultramarine is newer and supercedes all
>
> >previous fluff, duck and run.
> >
> >Aaron
> >
> >BTW - The old way made more sense, except the Rhino driver should be
> one
> >of the 10 squad members as (supposedly) every squad has one.
> >

> You young SM are simply too free.

I am many things, but a young Space Marine is not one of them.

> Instead of thinking of ways to
> 1. cope with the trauma over Eldar's new Titans

They suck. But not as much as they could.

> 2. convert the old falcon tanks to the new version

Just use them I have roughly a trillion old Falcons. I have zero plans
to change.

> 3. make your armor and tanks prettier

I hear that paint works well here.

> 4. convert 40K Eldar cheesiness to E40K cheese

Eldar are on the E41K hit list, but given every time I think I am going
to have time, I end up being hit with a MAJOR real life problem it may
be a while.

> 5. show that UM chapters are superior to other blasphemous
> (loyalist
> though) chapters

All Chapters suck. Legions are the way to go. I think of chapters as
3 battalion regiments. I design my forces that way. Check out
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/epic/detachents/Azure/index.htm to see
what I mean.

> 6. revive Brazil's World Cup reputation

As long as it doesn't involve people wearing still suits and riding
large ass worms.

> 7. get GW to lower its' prices

This would be good.

> you are debating about rhino drivers' union affliation ????P

Yes, because it cuts to the core of the "1000 marines is a chapter" crud
that GW keeps kicking out.

Cut and dried, its crap. The famous 1000 marines is 1000 enlisted
infantry per chapter. Once you add in the drivers, gunners, officers,
support dudes and what not your are pushing 1500 at least. And given
that NO WHERE do they say how many vehicles the marines have this could
get bigger.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus