Re: [Epic] Drivers are Space Marines too

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 10:10:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Mike Looney - ionet wrote:

> > you are debating about rhino drivers' union affliation ????P
> >

> Yes, because it cuts to the core of the "1000 marines is a chapter" crud
> that GW keeps kicking out.
>
> Cut and dried, its crap. The famous 1000 marines is 1000 enlisted
> infantry per chapter. Once you add in the drivers, gunners, officers,
> support dudes and what not your are pushing 1500 at least. And given
> that NO WHERE do they say how many vehicles the marines have this could
> get bigger.

A big agree here. I don't think 1000 means anything.

I think they used 1000 as a symbol, rather than a absolute firm number.
Kind of like in ancient times with 40 days and 40 nights/ 40 years.

40 just stands for a "fairly long amount of time that we're not sure
exactly how long, but trust us, it was a _long_ time."

so I think the 1000 means, " a lot less than the legions, A whole lot less
than the Guard, but enough to do the job at hand"

Come on, this is GW- you expect things to add up?

**
In the Dark Future there is only War, and poor mathmatics.

mike
**