Re: [Epic] Drivers are Space Marines too

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 23:55:23 +0800

>> you are debating about rhino drivers' union affliation ????P
>>

>Yes, because it cuts to the core of the "1000 marines is a chapter" crud
>that GW keeps kicking out.
>
>Cut and dried, its crap. The famous 1000 marines is 1000 enlisted
>infantry per chapter. Once you add in the drivers, gunners, officers,
>support dudes and what not your are pushing 1500 at least. And given
>that NO WHERE do they say how many vehicles the marines have this could
>get bigger.

GW likes nice numbers. 1000 chapters times 1000 marines/chapter would be
1,000,000. That would be 1,000,000 supreme warriors defending the Imperium
of Man(kind?) - trumpet and all....

Or would you prefer 1,081,745 supreme warriors defending the Imperium of
Man(kind?). :)

BTW, the number is derived from 997 chapters (3 got
lost/terminated/switched) times 1085 marines/chapter (plus minus 997 x 25
addition/reduction of scouts not taken into consideration).

C:UM would show that eg. 3rd company has got Captain, Chaplain, Apothecary,
Std Bearer, 6 Tac, 2 Ass, 2 Dev squads - at least 104 - if we consider its'
rhino/landspeeders/bikes to come from reqular squads.

Basically what I am saying (ahem, trying to say) do not take GW's fluff too
seriously. After all, "The Ultramarines are the greatest of all Space Marine
Chapters. From the dawn of the Imperium they have served the Emperor with
loyalty and a FEROCITY (emphasis mine)....." Ahem, loyalty - probably;
ferocity - not !

Come on any company that could replace the Eldar Titan Mk 1 with the new
Eldar Titan should not be taken too seriously :)))

Regards
Oki