Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Mr Knowles <link0031_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 23:21:09 +0000

At 02:38 PM 1/03/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>I was having a think about the frightening vulnerability of titans to close
>>combat by swarms of cheap troops and it occurs to me that in fact there is
>>no problem at all...
>
>Actually all you have to do is keep a battery of Whirlwinds with LOS to
>your titans. With thier void shields the Whirlwinds 0 save modifier won't
>hurt the titan but will kill about 1/2 the stuff in contact with your
>titan, wich will be able to handle the rest.

   I`m sure that I have read somewhere that only Orks and Chaos may fire at
their own troops, even if there is no chance of the unit being hurt. This
being so I`m quite sure your tactic of barraging troops attacking your titan
is illegal, and anyway arn`t attacking infantry pinned by the titan, and
thus impossible to shoot at. Personally I arm my titans with Vulcan
Mega-Bolters to scare off infantry or bikes, and have marines in gunships to
drop in and resuue the titan if he looks certain to die.

                        DSK