RE: [Epic] Need help wife!!! On topic, really!

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:06:50 -0400

> Recently as luck would have it, I managed to get myself
> about 100 old Ork
> spues for about $60.00, not a bad deal.

What in the world would you do with 100 Ork sprues? I've got about 20, and
they are more than I'll use.

> However, now my wife is constantly
> point out how, while I have a huge number of troops for Epic, she only has
> 2 boxes of the E40K Eldar Warhost, which is pretty tiny of a number.
>
> Anyone planning to get rid of some Eldar real soon, so that
> I maybe I can
> buy them for her, and get her off my back? Please? Anyone? :)

First of all, thank her for being on your back about such an item. My wife
kinda likes the Eldar, and is willing to play them sometimes, if not all
that excited about playing herself. Does your wife paint them?

I'm sure you could trade some of those Orks. I think Orks are among the
most offered in sales/trades, because they are in every boxed game from
Space Marine 2nd to Epic 40K. (Maybe before, but I don't know about that.)
So that might make it hard to trade them. On the other hand, unclipped old
sprues (if that's what they are) might be more appealing. Maybe I'm
underestimating your appetite for the things, but I'd think you could trade
2 for 1 for Eldar sprues.

I assume you've poked around Bartertown, and missed the big Eldar sale that
was here on the net. I can't do anything about the Eldar sale, but just in
case you don't know Bartertown:
http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~darkwolf/trading.html

andy