Re: [Epic] Re: GW USA August Newsletter (long)

From: Mike Looney IONet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 09:28:57 -0500

Tzeenecht_at_... wrote:

> I will agree thet some of their scams are ridiculouse and a rather hard hit
> below the belt.Ex.The fact thet you hagve to subscribe to white dwarf to get
> the stats for new models. One scam chaps my butt is that the box of Warhammer
> and 40k say a complete set yet you have to buy the "complete" set of magic to
> go with it. That is one reason i play Epic. I cant affors all of the models
> and extra stuff for regular 40k or warhammer.
> Tzeenecht
> P.S>-I am not high on crack i just don't see why there should be a problem
> witht the conversion methods and scams. It's all legal. Dont mention it if
> your not going to do anything or if you cant do anything

I have been one of the leading persons for examples of figures other
than GW for use in Epic.

I have been one of the leads on listing stats, on the web, for "new"
epic units, via the E41K project.

I have been posting options, variants and house rules for Epic for 2
years now. In general I don't flame GW (before this thread) for their
"scams" and other odd business practices. I tend to flame them for
errors, both of omission and commission in their rules. Pull down the
archives of this list if you don't believe me.

And sorry about the personal attack, that was out of line. I know your
not high on crack, crack heads can't find a keyboard...

Maybe you have eaten to much GW paint (assuming you know about that
thread in the WH40K list) ;-)