Re: [Epic] Rank Insignia

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 14:05:55 +1000

anvil_at_... wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows of a site on the web that has good
> illustrations of British rank insignia. I'm up to speed on US insignia
> through painful personel experience, but know nothing of the british
> except they keep mispronouncing lieutenant (left tenent, what??). Now if
> I can paint these in epic scale, so much the better. Thanks for the
> help.

Try
http://www.adfa.oz.au/DOD/recruit/rank-off.htm
http://www.adfa.oz.au/DOD/recruit/rank-enl.htm

And delete the "Australia" bit.

The brit WO1 (ie RSM) insignia is the traditional Lion and Unicorn UK
Coat of Arms. The brit WO2 (CSM) is the same as the Oz version.

The positions of the chevrons are the same as in the US, but with the
pointy bit down. The other insignia of army rank are only on the
shoulder tabs.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo