Re: [Epic] Horus Heresy and Warhammer 401(k)

From: Mike Looney IONet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 17:08:41 -0500

Tzeentch wrote:
> Note that the attack on earth came very quickly after the treachery of Horus
> was uncovered. I REALLY doubt Chaos can mutate quite that fast and that the
> Traitors were full fledged Chaos Marines. Especially since that would
> contradict a lot of the recent fluff as well (pray tell, explain to me how
> the Rubic was cast on the Thousand Sons before the final battle? :) )
>
> This whole discussion and the fact GW has no desire to maintain any
> consistancy in the history really pisses me off. >:/ Pick a history and
> stick to it damnit! Good Tzeentch, don't change it every version to fit
> some stupid whim or marketing ploy.... <sigh>

Well, it was Jervis himself, not one of the flunkies that corrected me
one the chaos space marine thing.

Lets see, in RT/RoC days, IG that fought against Chaos were shot
afterwards, and Space Marines were mind wiped. This is no longer the
case.

Things that have changed or vanished in the last 10 years of GW
revisionist fluff:

Slann
Non Demon Warp creatures
Zoats
Gretchins being something other than Ork flunkies
Imperial planets in side the Eye of Terror
Penal Legions
Genestealers being something other than Trynid assault troops
Jokaero
The Space Wolves home planet being named "Lucan"
For that matter Space Wolves being more or less normal marines
Rogue Traders as a major force
The Dark Angels home base being in orbit over "Delahon"
Dark Angels, not Blood Angels having the "Blood" feast/ritual
Space Marine Ranks other than "Captain" and "Sergeant"
Beastmen in the IG
Squats in the IG
Commissars shooting running IG troops or officers
Commissar Training squads
Horus, in person, assaulting the Imperial Palace
IG troops being in the palace during the assault.
Human Bombs
Jet bikes for humans
Dreadnoughts being something you could get out of, and that you would go
insane if you stayed in on to long.

I'll stop at this point, but you get the idea.