Re: [Epic] Horus Heresy and Warhammer 401(k)

From: Mike Looney IONet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 20:16:18 -0500

Tzeentch wrote:

> >Well, it was Jervis himself, not one of the flunkies that corrected me
> >one the chaos space marine thing.
> >

> Well, unless you consider Jervis himself a flunky now too... :)

I was thinking of Tim the Bug when I wrote that part.

> >Things that have changed or vanished in the last 10 years of GW
> >revisionist fluff:
> >
> >Slann
>
> No big loss, they sucked in 40K :)

E41K stats coming soon.

> >Non Demon Warp creatures
>
> Never were really a core part. Nice to see a MENTIOn of them though :)

Pre RoC, they were the ONLY thing that bothered psykers. A RT game
could get real weird if the GM had a few "on tap".

> >Gretchins being something other than Ork flunkies
>
> Heh, well, they seem to be making a comeback in Gorkamorka.

You do have a point there.

> >Imperial planets in side the Eye of Terror
>
> That comes from before the Chaos Powers concept was fleshed out.

So? They still had to change some basic fluff do so.

> >The Space Wolves home planet being named "Lucan"
> >For that matter Space Wolves being more or less normal marines
>
> Must have been mutated or something :) The wolfies have become a totally
> different creature then were first presented.

Yeah, in RT they were the standard that they gave as an example of what
a normal marine chapter was like.
Then came C:SW and the weirdness begins.

> >The Dark Angels home base being in orbit over "Delahon"
> Heheh, the name of their base and history have changed more time then the
> wolves..
> >Dark Angels, not Blood Angels having the "Blood" feast/ritual
> Shh! That's a Secret!

I'm on the DA list, I think I will post these 2 facts there and see what
yells I get....

> >Space Marine Ranks other than "Captain" and "Sergeant"
>
> The GW rank structure NEVER made sense. As a Corporal in the US Marines I
> bristle at the short thrift given NCO's in the Space Marines.

As an ex-nco myself I am not real crazed either.

> >Horus, in person, assaulting the Imperial Palace
> Eh?

Red book, page 38
"The central figure is an image of Ollanius Pius, the Guardsman who is
supposed to have given his life by interposing his body between Horus
and the Emperor during the assault on the Imperial Palace."