Re: [Epic] Epic40k Titan

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <lcanapic_at_...>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 23:09:48 +0100

Howard Liu wrote:

> Now, Space Hulk looks like nothing so much as an issue of Nintendo Power,
> with its glossy, color pages and noble Terminators. The entirety of the
> Genestealer Cult is confined to seven pages in the Tyranid Codex, with
> little or no background for their mindset or motivations.
>
> Games Workshop has messed up the Imperium, they've messed up Space Hulk,
> and they've messed up Genestealer Cults. The rules were always secondary
> to the look and feel, for me. If they turn the Reaver into another
> Battlemech, then GW will have turned their backs on everything I like about
> the Warhammer 40K universe. When that happens, I'll take a good look at
> the rules, and then see if I can't find some I like better.
>
> Howard

I agree with you in total! I like battlemechs, specially the japanese
one (Gundam, robotech, etc.)
but what I liked in the (old) GW universe was the gothic atmosphere,
this was really original
and really interesting ... now few efforts are profused in developing
decent backgrounds, ok they are doing
good minis IMHO, but just read the old codexes or manuals and make the
confrontation!

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi            canapicc_at_... /
lcanapic_at_... (home)