Re: [Epic] Epic Heroes

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:10:24 +1000

Bourragu� wrote:

> Ere we go boyz!!!!!!!
>
> No body make special rules for caracter ( Gazghul traka or Commander Dante
> for example ) for Epic 40k ?
> No body make rule for heroic actions ( space marine first edition p51 ) in
> epic 40k ?

Au Contraire, Mon Ami. Have a look at J.Michael Looney's E41K page.
You'll find some optional rules for characters there.
As for "Heroic Actions" a la SM1, I proposed some awhile ago, but they
were incomplete. The basic idea that I had was that any stand with
"Hero" ability ( NOT save) could perform a Heroic Action: The results
would depend on a Die roll: 1-2 Hero Dies (no save) 3-4 No effect 5-6
Success!
The results of a success, and the appropriate fluff for failure etc
would depend on the action chosen.

Example:
IMMEDIATELY BEFORE THE CLOSE COMBAT PHASE:
"The Leader heroicly throws himself under an enemy vehicle, clutching
some Krack grenades, and...."
1-2 ..mistimes it, and gets Squashed by the treads
3-4 ..the grenades detonate, but don't pierce the armour.
5-6 .. lands them on the engine grates. The enemy vehicle explodes! (One
enemy vehicle in contact with the stand takes a hit, Hero's owners'
choice which one)

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo